MetaTrader for mobile devices
Installing MetaTrader on iPhone and connecting to a trading account
Set up a list of trading instruments
AMarkets offers more than 250 financial instruments for trading. Clients can add or remove trading instruments in the “Market Watch” window.
To add or hide a trading instrument from your list:
- Right-click in the Market Watch window and select “Symbols” (or press CTRL+U).
- In a new window that opens, check the instruments you wish to add to your list or uncheck the symbols you want to exclude from the list.
- Click the “Close” button.
You can also show all instruments available for trading. To do this, simply right-click in the Market Watch window and select “Show all”.
If you trade using MetaTrader for mobile devices (iPhone in particular), we recommend that you watch a detailed instructional video on how to add/remove trading instruments in MetaTrader on your iPhone.
Calculate the margin required to open a trade
The margin (collateral) is a portion of a trader’s account equity set aside and allocated as a margin deposit to hold open a position. Therefore, before placing a trade, one must correctly calculate the transaction volume to ensure a sufficient amount of free funds in the account.
To calculate the margin required to open a position, we recommend using our Trader’s Calculator.
The trader’s calculator allows you to calculate such parameters as:
- cost of pip
- margin per trade
Check the trading hours for the instruments you are interested in
Before placing a trade, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the trading sessions schedule and trading hours for the instruments you are interested in.
You can find out the trading hours for various financial instruments:
- On AMarkets website in the “Trading” ⇒ “Trading instruments” section.
- In the MetaTrader trading platform, right-click on the desired instrument in the “Market Watch” window and select “Specification”. In the window that appears, you will see the quotes and trading sessions for this instrument.
Place a trade in the financial market
How to open a position
There are different ways to open a trade in the MetaTrader desktop version:
- Click on the “New Order” button in the toolbar above the price chart
- Right-click a symbol in the Market Watch window and select “New Order”
- Press F9 on your keyboard to call the “New Order” window
In a new window that opens, specify:
- Symbol: select a trading instrument in the drop-down list. The list will show only the instruments you’ve added in the Market Watch window.
- Volume: Specify the order volume in lots. The minimum trade size is 0.01 lot, in increments of 0.01.
- Order type: select “Immediate execution” or “Pending order”.
- Trade type: click SELL (to sell short) or BUY (to go long).
You can monitor the status of your trade in the “Terminal” window of the MetaTrader trading platform.
How to close a position
Positions can be closed differently in the Terminal window:
- Click on the “x” symbol on the far right of the profit column
- Right-click on the trade and select the “Close Order” option
We recommend that you check out our tutorial videos, where we give step-by-step instructions on how to make trades in the MetaTrader trading platform.
MetaTrader desktop version
How to open and close trades fully or partially in MetaTrader
MetaTrader for mobile devices
Placing a trade in MT4 on iPhone
Now you know how to place trade orders on your AMarkets account.